Scroll down for resources by dimension!
We know that quality instruction in the classroom is what has the biggest impact on student learning. We must be committed to quality instruction in EVERY classroom, EVERY day for EVERY child. Quality instruction means not asking what was taught, but rather what was learned. We all know “Just because I taught it, doesn’t mean they got it.” Teaching is complex. Teachers must use a variety of strategies to ensure student learning.
Beginning 2013-2014, Washington State educators will gather evidence on the quality of classroom instruction using the new teacher and principal evaluation systems. I see how our frameworks open the conversations about practice, allow us to collaborate on improvement, and inform differentiated supports needed for professional growth.
The following are some of my presentations on 5D and TPEP.
- “OZ-some New Evaluation System” presented to principals at our Admin Advance January 2013 – http://www.slideshare.net/MarciShepard/admin-retreat-ppt-on-new-teacher-evaluation-system-11413-with-handouts
- “Orting School District TPEP: Working Together as a System” presented for school board study December 2012 – http://www.slideshare.net/MarciShepard/teacher-and-principal-evaluation-board-study
- “eVAL Tool for Teacher Evaluations” presented to TPEP Team November 2012 – http://www.slideshare.net/MarciShepard/osd-e-val-presentation-tpep-marci-shepard
- “Putting Planning with Purpose into Practice” (5D) presented at Teacher University March 2012 – http://www.slideshare.net/MarciShepard/putting-our-lesson-planning-into-practice-march-2012
- “The Art and Science of Teaching: Unit and Lesson Planning with Purpose” (5D) presented at Teacher University February 2012 – http://www.slideshare.net/MarciShepard/unit-and-lesson-planning-with-purpose
- “Purpose: Teaching with Effective Learning Targets and Success Criteria” (5D) presented at Teacher University January 2012 – http://www.slideshare.net/MarciShepard/purpose-teaching-with-effective-learning-targets-and-success-criteria
- “Going on Learning Walks using the 5 Dimensions of Teaching and Learning” presented to teachers 2010/2011-2011/2012 – http://www.slideshare.net/MarciShepard/osd-learning-walks-with-5-d-student-engagement-and-gathering-evidence